The office represented the family of an autistic minor child who ingested small magnetic toys. This went undetected until the boy developed gastrointestinal issues as a result of the ingestion. The magnets were discovered during an exploratory procedure where the medical equipment and the magnets attracted each other. The pathologist photographed the magnets inside the boy’s body. The boy recovered medically.
Our office filed a Post Warning cause of action against the toy manufacturer in Middlesex Superior Court. The Court approved the minor’s settlement petition and established a trust for his benefit.